Your Door Weighs 170lbs. Typically for oversized Steel insulated garage doors or single car wood doors.
Garage Door Extension Spring, Includes Dasma Color Code orange, High Quality Spring Wire, Rated for a Minimum of 10,000 Cycles, 25 In. to 42 In. Stretch 170 Lb pull and Double looped end For Use With 7 ft. High Garage Doors, Quantity 2.
If you cannot find a color code then it will necessary to weigh the door. See the instructions below. ALL SPRING SALES ARE FINAL
Spring I.D. By Color code.
Determine the door weight
and door height:
1. The pull weight of an extension spring is determined by the color code found
on the end of the spring.
2. Measure door the height.The Standard height for most residential doors is either 6 ft. 6 inches high or 7 ft high. If your door
is over 7 ft. high, call for pricing.
3.Springs are only sold in pairs. If you cannot determine the color code, it will be necessary to weigh the
How to weigh the door:
1. Raise the door to the full position and secure. The best way to secure the door
in the up position is to snap a vice grip or C clamp under both the bottom rollers.
2. Remove the springs from the door.
3. For a one car opening, lower the door onto one bathroom scale in the center
of the door and read the weight.
For a double door (16 ft. wide or larger) use two bathroom scales. Locate the
scales two feet in from each side. Take the weight of both scales and add together
for door weight.
4. Measure door height. Standard height is 6 ft. 6 inches, or 7 ft. If your door
is over 7 ft. high, call for pricing.please double check all spring information.A no return policy is in effect on extension springs,all sales are final.
NOTE: THE COLOR CODES ARE THE OFFICIAL DASMA CODES USED BY MOST ORIGINAL MANUFACTURES DATING BACK TO 1990.
NOTE: PLEASE ADHERE TO ALL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
For Technical Support or To Order By Phone Please Call 800-829-6002
Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM